Bill Number: HB15-1028
ACLU Position: Oppose
The bill requires all abortion clinics to be licensed by the department of public health and environment (department). Licensure is valid for one year. Prior to licensure or relicensure, the department shall conduct an on-site inspection of the abortion clinic. The bill requires the department to promulgate rules regarding:
• The abortion clinic’s physical facilities;
• The abortion clinic’s supply and equipment standards;
• The abortion clinic’s personnel, including requiring that the clinic employ at least one doctor with admitting privileges at a hospital within the state within 30 miles of the abortion clinic;
• Medical screening and evaluation of each patient;
• The abortion procedure;
• Minimum recovery room standards;
• Follow-up care for abortion patients; and
• Minimum incident reporting.
The bill creates criminal and civil penalties for violations of the requirements of the bill.
02/12/2015 - House Committee on Health, Insurance, & Environment Postpone Indefinitely
01/16/2015 - Introduced In House - Assigned to Health, Insurance, & Environment + Appropriations
Return to Search Menu