View All Events
- FACT SHEET: HB17-1338 – A bill to Promptly Bring Municipal Inmates Before a Judge
- Colorado Must Beware of Trump’s Voter Suppression Scheme
- Can Businesses Turn LGBT People Away Because of Who They Are? That’s Up to the Supreme Court Now.
- The Supreme Court’s Troubling Decision on Funding for Church Playgrounds
- Congratulations to our 2017 Annual Meeting Award Winners
- Good policy-making (mostly) won out over partisan politics in the 2017 Legislative Session
Protect Patient Health: Stop the use of Religion to Deny Healthcare
The ACLU of Colorado believes that everyone has a right to receive appropriate healthcare and information. Everyday in Colorado, healthcare providers and hospitals deny care by imposing their religious beliefs on patients. These providers and hospitals refuse to provide:
- Appropriate care to women who are miscarrying or experiencing other pregnancy complications, including ectopic pregnancies;
- Contraception, or information about contraception
- Tubal ligation procedures or vasectomies
- Fertility treatment
- Services that are sought by transgender patients, including reconstructive surgeries and hormone replacement therapy
- End-of-life care
The right to practice one’s religion or to practice no religion is an important Colorado value. However, no one should ever impose their personal religious views on others, especially when it comes to life and death decisions.
Have you been denied healthcare based on the religious beliefs of a provider or a facility? Tell us here!
Read Catholics for Choice “Is your Healthcare Compromised?”
View All Cases
View All Bills
HB17-1186: Health Coverage Prescription Contraceptives Supply
The bill requires individual and group sickness and accident policies, contracts, or plans that are required under current law to provide contraception.... | Read More